ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Political Legitimacy in Times of Crisis (PolLegKris). In collaboration with P.I. Dr. Heiko Giebler and P.I. Prof. Dr. Bernhard Weßels (WZB). This project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (2018-2021)
- Elections and Social Media. In collaboration with Steven L. Wilson, PhD (University of Nevada, Reno). Since 2017
- Sanhueza Petrarca C., Wilson, S. and Tyrberg, M. (2019). The 2018 Swedish Election Campaign on Twitter. Statsvetenskaplig tidskrift (Swedish Political Science Journal).
- Lührmann, A., Mechkova, V., Dahlum, S., Maxwell, L., Olin, M., Petrarca, C.S., Sigman, R., Wilson, M.C. and Lindberg, S.I., 2018. State of the world 2017: autocratization and exclusion?. Democratization, pp.1-20.
- Marquardt, K., Pemsteim, D., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Seim, B. & Wilson, S., Bernhard, M., Coppedge, M., Lindberg, S. Experts, Coders, and Crowds: An analysis of substitutability. The Varieties of Democracy Institute Working Paper Series 2017:53.
- Saalfedl, T., Wüst, A., & Sanhueza Petrarca, C. 2011. Parliamentary Questions on Immigration in Britain, France, and Germany: Is MPs’ Background Relevant? Working Paper 2/2011, University of Bamberg
CONTRIBUTIONS TO EDITED VOLUMES
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. and Demker, M. (2019) “Support for Swedish integration policies for immigrants: economic motivations and party preference” in Andersson, U., Rönnerstrand, B., Öhberg, P., and Bergström, A. Storm and Quiet. SOM Book Series no 74. SOM Institute
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. Forthcoming 2019. Does Voting at a Younger Age Have an Effect on Satisfaction with Democracy and Political Trust? Evidence from Latin America. In Berg, J. & Heichhorn, J. Lowering the Voting Age to 16: Learning from real experiences to inform the debate. Palgrave.
- Janssen, C., Geese, L., Sanhueza Petrarca,C. & Schacht, D. Forthcoming. Descriptive Representation of Constituency Interests: the Role of Institutional Variables and District Composition. In Saalfeld, T., and Morales, L. Understanding the Patterns of Political Representation of Citizens of Immigrant Origin in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Chabanet, D., Cinalli, M., Sanhueza, M.J., Sanhueza Petrarca, C. & Van Hauwaert, S. Forthcoming. Immigrants’ Representation in France. In Saalfeld, T., and Morales, L. Pathways to Power: The Political Representation of Citizens of Immigrant Origin in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Support for Insider Parties: The Role of Trust in Comparative Perspective (with Heiko Giebler and Bernhard Weßels)
- Responding to Populism (with Larissa Doroshenko, Steven Wilson and Peter Maurer)
Migration & Minorities
- Attitudes towards Immigrants and Refugees in Europe. Book Chapter. (with Sandra Horvath)
- Democracy and Migration (with Laura Maxwell)
- Do immigrant voters support parties that are more diverse? Empirical analysis of 7 European Democracies (with Daphne Van der Pas)
- Social Group Representation: Federalism and Electoral Systems (with David Lublin)
- Women Empowerment, Corruption and Human Development (with Sirianne Dahlum and Valeriya Mechkova)
- Are women MPs more concerned about corruption than men? Analysis of 10 European Democracies (with Amy Alexander and Andreas Bagenholm)
REPORTS & DISSEMINATION
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. and Horvath, S. (2019). Trust in Political Parties in European Democracies. Policy Brief #3. Solikris Publications. GESIS.
- Dahlum, S.; Olin, M., Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2019). Women’s Rights and Political Empowerment in Benin, Bolivia, Malawi and Morocco. Thematic Report. Series 2019:4. The Varieties of Democracies Institute. Paper prepared for the European Union
- Lührmann, A., Dahlum, S., Lindberg, S., Maxwell, L., Mechkova, V., Olin, M., Pillai, S., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Sigman, R., Stepanova, N. (2018). V-Dem Annual Democracy Report 2018. Democracy for All?
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2018) Women’s Political Representation Around the World. WZB-Mitteilungen Nr. 161. Published September 2018.
- Lührmann, A., Dahlum, S., Lindberg, S., Mechkova, V., Olin, M., Piccinelli Cassagrande F., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Saxer, L. (2017). V-Dem Annual Report 2017. Democracy at Dusk?
- Dahlum, S., Mechkova, V., and Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Women Political Empowerment, Good Governance and Human Development. Report prepared for USAID
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Democracy and Democratic Development in Latin America. Report prepared for USAID
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C., The State of Democracy in Colombia. Report prepared for USAID
- Lindberg, S.I & Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Political Inclusion of Social Groups Around the World. Report prepared for USAID
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2016) Voters, Parties, and Representation in European Multicultural Democracies. Dissertation. Mannheim: University of Mannheim