ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Political Legitimacy in Times of Crisis (PolLegKris): In collaboration with P.I. Dr. Heiko Giebler and P.I. Prof. Dr. Bernhard Weßels (WZB). This project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (2018-2021)
- Elections and Social Media: In collaboration with Steven L. Wilson, PhD (Brandeis University). Since 2017
- Sanhueza Petrarca C., Giebler, H., Weßels B. (2020). Support for Insider Parties: The Role of Political Trust in a Longitudinal-Comparative Perspective. Party Politics
- Gelman, J., Wilson, S.L. and Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2020). Mixing Messages: How Candidates Vary in their Use of Twitter. Journal of Information Technology and Politics.
- Sanhueza Petrarca C., Wilson, S. and Tyrberg, M. (2019). The 2018 Swedish Election Campaign on Twitter. Statsvetenskaplig tidskrift (Swedish Journal of Political Science)
- Lührmann, A., Mechkova, V., Dahlum, S., Maxwell, L., Olin, M., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Sigman, R., Wilson, M.C. and Lindberg, S.I., (2018). State of the World 2017: Autocratization and Exclusion?. Democratization, pp.1-20.
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Horvath, S. (Forthcoming). Attitudes towards Immigrants and Refugees in Europe. In Wilson, S. & Seltzer N. (eds). Handbook on Security and Democracy. Edward Elgar Publishing
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2020). Does Voting at a Younger Age Have an Effect on Satisfaction with Democracy and Political Trust? Evidence from Latin America. In Berg, J. & Heichhorn, J. Lowering the Voting Age to 16: Learning from real experiences to inform the debate. Palgrave Macmillan
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. and Demker, M. (2019) “Support for Swedish integration policies for immigrants: economic motivations and party preference” in Andersson, U., Rönnerstrand, B., Öhberg, P., and Bergström, A. Storm and Quiet. SOM Book Series no 74. SOM Institute
- Janssen, C., Geese, L., Sanhueza Petrarca, C. & Schacht, D. (Forthcoming). Descriptive Representation of Constituency Interests: the Role of Institutional Variables and District Composition. In Saalfeld, T., and Morales, L. Understanding the Patterns of Political Representation of Citizens of Immigrant Origin in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Chabanet, D., Cinalli, M., Sanhueza, M.J., Sanhueza Petrarca, C. & Van Hauwaert, S. (Forthcoming). Immigrants’ Representation in France. In Saalfeld, T., and Morales, L. Pathways to Power: The Political Representation of Citizens of Immigrant Origin in Europe. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
WORKING PAPER SERIES
- Marquardt, K., Pemsteim, D., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Seim, B. & Wilson, S., Bernhard, M., Coppedge, M., Lindberg, S. (2017) Experts, Coders, and Crowds: An analysis of substitutability. The Varieties of Democracy Institute Working Paper Series 2017:53.
- Saalfeld, T., Wüst, A., & Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2011). Parliamentary Questions on Immigration in Britain, France, and Germany: Is MPs’ Background Relevant? Working Paper 2/2011, University of Bamberg
WORKING PAPERS (Selection)
- Vote Switching for the AfD: Dissatisfaction and Anti-Immigration Sentiments (with H Giebler and B Weßels)
Severity, Compensation, or Transparency? Experimental Evidence on Support of and Compliance with Covid-19 Prevention Measures across Europe (with H Giebler, B Wessels)
- Democracy and Migration (with L Maxwell)
Women Empowerment, Corruption, and Human Development (with S Dahlum, V Mechkova)
- Giebler, H; Sanhueza Petrarca, C; Weßels, B (2021) Ratinonality and Populism: The Role of Science during the Pandemic. WZB-Mitteilungen Nr. 172. Published June 2021.
Hashemi, L; Sanhueza Petrarca, C; Wilson, S.(2020) Corona und die Wahlen im Iran Die wichtigsten: Diskussionen fanden in den sozialen Medien statt. WZB-Mitteilungen Nr. 170. Published December 2020
Sanhueza Petrarca, C., and Horvath, S. (2019). Trust in Political Parties in European Democracies. Policy Brief #3. Solikris Publications. GESIS.
- Dahlum, S.; Olin, M., Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2019). Women’s Rights and Political Empowerment in Benin, Bolivia, Malawi, and Morocco. Thematic Report. Series 2019:4. The Varieties of Democracies Institute. Paper prepared for the European Union
- Lührmann, A., Dahlum, S., Lindberg, S., Maxwell, L., Mechkova, V., Olin, M., Pillai, S., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Sigman, R., Stepanova, N. (2018). V-Dem Annual Democracy Report 2018. Democracy for All?
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2018) Women’s Political Representation Around the World. WZB-Mitteilungen Nr. 161. Published September 2018.
- Lührmann, A., Dahlum, S., Lindberg, S., Mechkova, V., Olin, M., Piccinelli Cassagrande F., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Saxer, L. (2017). V-Dem Annual Report 2017. Democracy at Dusk?
- Dahlum, S., Mechkova, V., Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Women Political Empowerment, Good Governance, and Human Development. Report prepared for USAID
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Democracy, and Democratic Development in Latin America. Report prepared for USAID
- Sanhueza Petrarca, C., The State of Democracy in Colombia. Report prepared for USAID
- Lindberg, S.I & Sanhueza Petrarca, C., Political Inclusion of Social Groups Around the World. Report prepared for USAID
Sanhueza Petrarca, C. (2016) Voters, Parties, and Representation in European Multicultural Democracies. Dissertation. Mannheim: University of Mannheim